International Students

All International Students should be aware that Private Educational Institutions are not permitted to provide work permits upon graduation.

International Students

As an international student at PCMT you will experience the highest level of education and student services.

Contact Us | Apply Now

Admissions Requirements

To be considered for admission at PCMT, International Students require the following:

  • Completed application form
  • Appropriate admission requirements for the program
  • Official transcripts of secondary grades and any post-secondary transcripts
  • Notarized translations of all documents presented that are not in English
  • Proof of English Language proficiency
  • Full payment non-refundable registration fee of $150.00
  • Canadian Study Permit
  • Signed and completed British Columbia Student Enrolment Contract
  • Proof of basic health care

Applications are available online.

There are two things required as soon as you apply:

  1. Proof of English Language Proficiency
  2. Copies of high school and other transcripts

Successful applicants will receive a Letter of Acceptance from PCMT. Your acceptance letter will ask you to provide a registration fee of $150 to reserve your seat in the program. Students must submit the Letter of Acceptance to the appropriate Canadian Consulate or immigration officials in their home country to secure a Student Visa. All arrangements relating to immigration status and entry into Canada are the responsibility of the student.

After your application is submitted, PCMT requires official copies of your high school and post-secondary transcripts (if applicable). PCMT is not able to assess transcripts from all countries. If necessary, we will request your education be evaluated by the International Qualifications Assessment Services (IQAS).

IQAS will provide a fair evaluation of your education compared to a Saskatchewan high school education. Once IQAS has reviewed your documents, the results will be forwarded to PCMT. There is a fee associated with assessment from IQAS.

As English is the language of instruction in all programs at PCMT we require you to demonstrate proficiency prior to admission acceptance.

Competence can be demonstrated by earning the stated grade on the following tests:

Requirement Details Score Needed
TOEFL: iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language: Internet Based TOEFL). Overall score of 95; including minimum of 20 in each four components
IELTS Academic (International English Language Assessment Exam) 6 or higher
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Exam) 70-90
CLBA (Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment) Listening: 8; Reading: 8; Speaking: 8; Writing: 7
MELAB (Michigan English Assessment Battery) 80 or higher

Please note: These admissions standards are industry-standard, and are consistent with those required by similar schools as well as by Massage Therapy Associations.

Once PCMT has reviewed your application, transcripts, and English language proficiency, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $150. PCMT will contact you to pay this.

PCMT’s DLI number is O133421346312. You will need this number to apply for your Study Permit.

You need a study permit to come to Canada. Depending on your home country, the processing time can be a few weeks or months. You should apply at least 4 to 6 months before your program starts.

To apply you must:

  • Receive your letter of acceptance to PCMT
  • Submit a study permit application online or with the requested immigration Canada embassy or to Immigration, Refugee & Citizenship Canada in your country.
  • Have a receipt for your Registration Fee.
  • Provide CIC with proof that you have enough funds to pay:
    • Tuition fees
    • Living expenses for you and any family members who come to Canada with you
    • Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come to Canada with you.
    • Have no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may need to provide a police certificate.
  • Have a valid passport
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical exam if necessary
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

For more information please visit the EduCanada website.

Making your Application

You may be able to apply online for your study permit. There are also paper copies available for download.

You can also apply through a Visa Application Centre. There are over 120 of these centers in over 90 countries. These centers accept applications and can help answer questions, provide access to a computer, provide photographs and photocopies and securely transmit application documents and passports. Check here for one in your country.

Receiving your Study Permit

Your study permit will be issued upon arrival in Canada. Please provide a copy of your study permit to your Student Advisor upon arrival in Canada in person, mail, fax, or email.

You must provide PCMT with proof of health insurance.

All international students are required to have basic health-care coverage from the province of Saskatchewan, health care from another province or health insurance from a private provider. It is important that you apply for your Saskatchewan Health Care Card as soon as you arrive in Canada. You will need this card to access health care in Canada.

  • International Students may be eligible for provincial Health Care coverage. You will need to apply.

If you do not qualify for the Saskatchewan Health Care Card, you may purchase health insurance from a private insurance company such as:

International Student Resources

As a student, there are many things in your environment that can impact your academic performance. PCMT has gathered some resources to assist you.

As a student, there are many things in your environment that can impact your academic performance. ACMT has gathered some resources to assist you.

General Information

Housing can be found through several online resources that allow you to search for apartments, basement suites, condominiums and townhomes for rent in different cities:

For Information on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant in Alberta please visit the Service Alberta website.